Mysore Industries Association is a premier voluntary, non-government organization which represents Micro, Small, Medium and Large Scale industries of Mysore, Mandya and Chamarajnagar districts of Karnataka, India..
It is a registered body under the Karnataka Societies Registration Act and MSMED act and is functioning on democratic lines with regular Annual General Body Meetings, election of Council Members and Office Bearers and adhering to the constitutional Byelaw and conventions.
It is managed by a Council of Management consisting of President, Vice President, the immediate Past President (Ex-officio Member) , General Secretary, Secretary and Treasurer , 15 Executive members directly elected by the General Body will elect the office bearers once in two years ,Special Invitees are also part of the system.
It is primarily responsible for policy formulation and imparting guidance and direction to the affairs of the Association. A permanent Secretariat looks after the implementation of policies and day-to-day administration, under the guidance of the Office Bearers.
Present Range of Services
- Provide Information and hand holding facilities to the member industries.
- Counselling and Grievances handling.
- Liaison service with Government and Institutions facilitating inputs.
- Organising developmental services and training programmes, Seminars, Conference etc.
- Sponsoring study tours, in country and overseas delegations.
- Conducting Exhibitions.
- Formulating special programmes like Helpline Services, Promotional Campaigns, interaction sessions etc.
- Initiating Business and Management Development exercises
Mysuru Export Center
- MIA is in the process of establishing Mysuru Export Center to provide all export information and facilities under one roof, the construction work has already started with a project cost of Rs 4.5 CR including government of India and Karnataka assistance.
VTPC is the nodal agency for implementing the project, KIADB is the construction agency on deposit contribution basis.